Sunday, July 31, 2011

Noom, so glad I found you!

I was looking around in the app market on my android phone to see what hot new apps are out and I stumbled upon "Noom". I wasn't even thinking about dieting at the time and rarely casually scroll through the app market, so I was pretty happy to find this app.

Noom is a dieting app with a slightly new approach to dieting while using long known facts. They use color coding to try to help you realize how many "good" "ok" and "bad" foods you actually are eating. Good foods are green, ok are yellow, and bad are red. It puts all of them into a pie chart for you. Noom has you approximate calories in chunks of 50 rather than being precise. The app also includes exercise tracking (includes a calendar and a pretty good range of exercises ) , water tracking, weight tracking (includes a line graph), and a reminder if you haven't logged anything in over 4 hours. I really like the reminder feature, it helps me keep focused and remember to watch what I'm eating (you can turn this feature off if you'd rather not have it in your task bar).

I have high hopes for using this app. I've struggled with counting calories in the past. I'd either forget to log them, forget the book I was logging them in, or just not care to do it that day. Having Noom on my phone (which I always have with me) will hopefully help. I hope to see mostly green colors too! :-) .

You can get Noom either by simply searching "Noom" on your android phone in the market, or click here .

No comments:

Post a Comment