Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Steps

I've been teetering on the edge of actually losing more weight and just maintaining what I've already lost. I suppose having a lazy approach towards dieting means waiting longer periods before seeing any substantial results.

I started looking a little deeper into my thought process while dieting and now I'm wondering if baby steps might be the answer. I mean, really, think about it. We use baby steps for all sorts of other life issues, why not dieting? Rather than shocking yourself with a huge diet change, why not just do little changes at a time? I haven't looked into if anyone has already thought of this, but if they have, I'd be really interested in any conclusions they've come up with.

I am able to praise myself on some dieting things I do properly, but there's many that I'm just not ready for yet. I find it impossible to praise myself without afterwards just beating myself up for all the things I'm doing wrong. I've gotta stop doing that. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people out there do the same thing too. Baby steps...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment