Friday, June 15, 2012

24 Day Challenge: Day 4

You guessed it....(or maybe you didn't?) I am still keeping at it. Yay! This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change and I feel that it is one that I can stick to IF I see the results I want. As promised, I weighed myself this morning. Before I tell you the results I want to tell you my thoughts about it. First, the day before I started the challenge I ate a pretty good amount for dinner and leading up to dinner. I ate an entire foot long sub and before I had that I ate chips and chocolate and gummy bears. I was pretty bad. I know that weight can fluctuate within a few pounds each day and I am definitely keeping that in mind. Also, I had only recently creeped up to 185 so I kind of considered that temporary and not totally my initial starting weight (in my head at least. On paper 185 is my starting weight because that is what the scale said). Alright, with that being said...After 3 complete days on the 24 Day Challenge...the beginning of Day 4 I am down 5 pounds and the scale says 180 . <<<Were you expecting an exclamation point there? I kind of was too, but I can't quite get my finger to do it. I do not feel accomplished yet.

Here is what I had for dinner last night. I am not totally sure if it is 24 Day Challenge friendly or not, but it seemed to fit in to me.

Tuna Wraps:

*5 oz White Albacore Tuna
*One stalk of celery chopped (I never cook, I have no clue if one strand of celery is called a "stalk" or not)
*1 TBSP of Canola Mayo (I realized after that Olive Oil Mayo is almost the same, so I could've saved my money and just used what I had in the fridge)
*Romaine Lettuce
*Brown Rice Tortillas (Trader Joe's)

It's pretty simple. Drain the Tuna, mix with the mayo and celery. Put some lettuce in the tortilla and slap the tuna mixture on it. I ended up making two wraps because I didn't want one mondo wrap. Here's the thing, I am not sure if the Brown Rice Tortillas really qualify as brown rice or not. I am also not sure if it was a no-no to add the mayo. I can tell you that I felt very full after eating it. Also, I am not sure if it was just because the brown rice tortillas were supposed to expire that day, but they were very crumbly. I might try it with a vinaigrette in place of the mayo next time and see how that turns out.

Last thing, somehow I lost my Step One instructions and I can not find them anywhere online! I had to pack everything for today based on memory. Eek! I have a terrible memory, but for some reason I totally remembered what I needed for the day.

I may not post tomorrow since it is the weekend, but I will try to remember to follow up on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment