Thursday, June 14, 2012

24 Day Challenege: Day 3

Still going strong! Yay. I think I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning. I am just so curious. If I haven't lost more than a pound so far, I am totally fine with that. I know this is the cleanse stage and I need to wait to see real results. Everyone at work today got Jimmy Johns (ya know...the sub place that has those annoying commercials about how fast they are) on the house and I declined in an instant. Sure a sub would be great and I have always wanted to try Jimmy John's , but I had a delicious and filling salad of Lettuce, Chicken, and Black Beans awaiting me in the fridge. Knowing that I paid for this program and I have done so good thus far, it was relatively easy to turn down a free lunch.

Here's how the rest of yesterday went for me:

7:30 : Finally having dinner even though I was supposed to have it at 6:00. I had to stop at Trader Joe's after work to grab some healthy stuff I needed to make my dinner and for some snacks for the next few days. I used a recipe I found online and tweaked it to fit my needs. * I have to mention that I literally NEVER cook. I didn't even know you are supposed to drain meat when you cook it. Believe me now? Luckily Dereck was in the kitchen and said "you gonna drain that?" and I said " Oh, I didn't know you are supposed to?". Thank God for Dereck or I would've definitely gone over my fat content for the day* Here is a link to the website that I found the original recipe on , http://cleaneatz.tumblr.com/ . I can't find the recipe on the site again though. I made a huge amount of this because I was hoping it would come out good the first time and I could continue eating it throughout the week. Here is the recipe:

Turkey Lettuce Wraps:

*2 Lbs Lean Ground Turkey
*1 packet of Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning Mix
*15 oz can of Trader Joe's Organic Tomato Sauce
*3/4 Cup of water
*3 cups of chopped onions and red bell peppers ( I chopped them, mixed them together, then scooped it up)
*Iceberg Lettuce ( you could use Romaine too. I plan on trying that later this week)

OK, so I love this recipe because even someone like me can totally handle it. Just Brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Once browned, drain it! Then add in the taco seasoning and mix thoroughly. Then add the onion and red pepper and mix. Then add the tomato sauce and water. Mix around again and turn the heat to low/med. You will let this simmer for 20 minutes. I stirred occasionally just to be safe.

That's it! I just scooped it up into lettuce and attempted to roll it up. I did use an extra amount of lettuce on one wrap and it rolled up very nicely, so next time I will make sure to use that amount on all of them. The best part...my boyfriend who loves red meat and is not doing the challenge with me actually texted me today saying he was craving more of it. YAY!

Wow, this is going to be a long post. Therefore, I will end with saying I am doing very well on the challenge today. I plan on trying out another "recipe" tonight and I will let you know how it tasted tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment