Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back to School

Yay! Today is my first day back to school after the summer break. I am excited and anxious. I love learning new things that apply to my work and advancing towards my CCL and then my AAS majoring in Accounting. I only took one class last semester to get back in the groove and even that was a big change for me. It was 3 hours at night once a week. This semester I decided to take two classes because it would take a decade to get my degree if I only took one class a semester. So, I will be going Wednesday and Thursday nights from 7pm-10pm immediately after work. I normally get off at 4:30 pm, but I am lucky to have an awesome boss (who happens to be my Dad) that is letting me change my schedule the two days I have school to late start days. I'm hoping I can handle this and it won't be a problem with work or home life. The other change is last semester I only had a 10 minute drive home after school and now I will have to drive 40 minutes when I am dead tired to get home.

I'm wondering how this new schedule is going to affect my diet. I'm hoping it could be in a good way. Perhaps I will just be too busy to even think about eating. On the other hand, I don't want to screw up my metabolism any more than it already is. So, I am thinking it would be good to try to have a snack on the drive from work to class. Yeah, I think that would be good. I need to stock up on some yummy high fiber granola bars! mmm. Fiber One bars seriously taste like candy bars to me! haha. Too bad they are so expensive.

Have you ever had a schedule change and needed to figure out the best way to make it mesh with your dieting plans? Did you let it get in the way or did you take control and tackle the problem? How did you resolve the issue?

Please share! Maybe it will help me know how I should handle my schedule change. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment